Axiom is a specialist Engineering Consultancy in the fields of Materials Engineering, Corrosion and Mechanical Engineering in addition to a UKAS Accredited Inspection body.We have grown successfully and now operate a global operation from offices in Stockton-on-Tees, England.
Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company where your contribution is vital to maintain the safe delivery of innovative engineering solutions? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and want to be part of an energetic?
We have a role available for a rope access trained UT Technician with experience in the chemical, petrochemical or bulk storage sector at our Humberside office.
We are looking for the right staff who will help us achieve our goals. Investing heavily in our people, we recognise that the development of our staff is a key contributory factor of our success and can provide career progression to help you reach your full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Inspection Team as we continue to grow and deliver more complex projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out NDT and ensuring that work is conducted in accordance with the written scheme of examinations in-line with the appropriate standard and procedure
- Capable of working alone and/or part of a team when carrying out NDT
- Photographing defects and carrying out physical measurements of local thinned areas
- Liaising with the site contact upon completion of NDT
- Maintain an accurate record of site results with the intention of transferring onto specific reporting template
- Writing of NDT reports to a suitable standard detailing all areas of test, restrictions and results
- Ensure that all work is being performed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Work within Axiom's inspection quality programme to maintain UKAS accreditation
This is a full-time role for a duration of up to 1 year and is based in Humberside combining both office and site work. Dependent on performance and future work opportunities, this maybe extended to a permanent contract.
The site location will be varied including the following environments:
- At height
Experience and Qualifications
You will certified to PCN Level 2 in the following techniques:
- Ultrasonic Testing (thickness gauging or flaw detection)
- IRATA L1 Rope Access
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Dye/Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Eddy Current Testing
- CSWIP 3.0/3.1
- A full clean UK Driving Licence
- To be computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work in the UK without restriction
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Self motivated
- Possesses string attention to detail skills
- Ability to build and maintain successful, working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible in their approach as possible travel and overnight stays will be required
Salary: Negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience
Closing Date: 30th May 2018
Strictly No Agencies Please