Are you interested in joining a dynamic and ambitious company in which your contributions will allow us to deliver quality Materials Engineering consultancy and innovative solutions? Are you committed to exceeding client expectations and want to be part of an an energetic team?
Axiom is a specialist Engineering Consultancy offering Materials & Corrosion engineering consultancy, Mechanical Engineering and also UKAS accredited plant equipment inspection. We have grown successfully and now operate a global operation from offices in Stockton on Tees.
We have a full-time vacancy available for an individual, capable of fulfilling a dual (cross-functional) role. Primarily, the successful candidate would be a Materials Engineer but prepared to undertake the role (with suitable training) of Inspection Engineer.
We seek an individual who will help us achieve these goals. Investing heavily in our people, we recognise that the development of our people is a key contributory factor of our success and we can provide career progression to help you reach your full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Materials Engineering/Inspection teams where you will be exposed to a wide variety of challenges, particularly in the fascinating and sometimes perplexing field of failure investigations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out metallurgical failure investigations and report writing
- Metallurgical specimen preparation (metallography)
- Operating laboratory and workshop equipment together with handling potentially hazardous chemicals
- Scanning Electron and Optical Microscopy
- Customer liaison via telephone and site visits
- Complying with HSE and Quality Systems to maintain Axiom's UKAS accreditation
This full-time role is based in Teesside combining both office, laboratory and site work.
Site environments will vary may include extremes of temperature, confined spaces and working at height
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level, ideally in the field of Materials Engineering
- Knowledge of deterioration mechanisms
- An understanding of welding engineering and corrosion testing
- Industrial plant experience
- Knowledge of NDT techniques
- Experience in scanning electron microscopy
- Competent at public speaking
- A high degree of literacy and report writing skills
- A high standard of numeracy and communication skills
- Manually dextetrous and skilled in basic engineering workshop activities
- Willing to undertake Inspection training
- Willing to undertake training on a variety of lab equipment
- A full clean UK Driving Licence
- To be computer literate and competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work in the UK without restriction
- Good eyesight
- Commercially aware
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Self- motivated, confident with a "can-do" attitude
- Possesses strong attention to detail skills
- Customer focussed and have the ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible: working day length is often customer driven. Travel and overnight stays maybe required
Salary: Negotiable, dependent on qualifications and experience
Closing Date: Friday 27th July 2018
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES