Axiom carries out inspections of storage tanks typically to EEMUA 159. This guide sets out the inspection requirements for above ground, vertical, cylindrical steel storage tanks and is used as the basis for our written schemes for these items.
Customers can be assured that all our tank inspectors are qualified to EEMUA 159 level 1.
When our inspectors identify defects or non-compliance with either the design or inspection standards.
We can go the extra step by providing backup from our materials and mechanical engineering teams.
Typical issues we have found include:
- Tank lean from the vertical
- Settlement of foundations
- Local and generally thinned areas
- Structural integrity concerns
- Repairs, modifications and welding procedures
Other services associated with storage tanks:
- Producing written schemes of examination
- Corrosion management
- Inspection and assessment of linings
- Specifying repair procedures and welding requirements
- Material of construction compatibility with stored products
Inspection reports are written and posted on our in-house web-enabled inspection software. This ensures that companies engaging in our services are able to access their records from almost anywhere.
This option has proved very popular with our customers.