Every inspection that we carry out, every assessment, engineering design, calculation or failure analysis we do is recorded on our Asset Management Database for your equipment.
When we have been asked to develop and Certify Written Schemes of Examination, we are also put into the database and form the central core of the system. The advantages of having Internet access to your records are:
- Access to your records at any time, from any location with internet access.
- View your inspection records in different ways – e.g. group all your piping system records together or look at all your records per plant area.
- Rank your equipment in order of risk so you can focus your inspection efforts on high-risk items.
- Instantly access your records through a Google-like search engine.
- Access all your actions identified during the inspection and track them to completion.
- Group actions together to obtain budget estimates for asset life planning.
- Submit your own documents on-line as a repository for all activities to do with your specific equipment.
- Trend NDT measurements instantly.
- Link equipment together as associated items. Thus if it is known that one area is affected you can investigate to see which other equipment could be potentially affected.
- Receive online notifications to your email inbox when inspection reports have been completed or your endorsement is required for reports with hyperlinks to the records in question.
Whenever we develop a Written Scheme of Examination (WSE), we identify each failure mode and thus what inspection is required in order to detect such potential deterioration.
When we carry out an inspection in accordance with the written scheme, you can trace back each part of the inspection to the WSE.
Any parts not examined in accordance with the WSE are instantly known about and any unacceptable items are highlighted. Thus we avoid what is known as ‘exception reporting’ where only faults are highlighted in the report.