A Detailed Introduction to and Appreciation of the Science and Technology of Welding
About the course:
This course is a significantly longer and more in-depth version of our 1day welding awareness course.
In addition to the topics covered in the 1 day course, you will also learn about the science and metallurgy of welding.
If you not only want to know the differences between TIG and MIG or understand what an essential variable is but also want to get a fundamental awareness of how welding works and why it matters this course is for you.
By the end of this course you will understand:
- The advantages and disadvantages of different welding processes
- What is actually happening when a welded joint is formed, and how the desired properties are achieved (or not)
- The differences between metal phases (austenite, ferrite, martensite and others)
- What is happening in the weld metal and HAZ, and why this is important
- Why control of heat input and temperatures can have such a big effect
- Common joint types, and their advantages and disadvantages
- What a WPS is and how to interpret it.
- Common defects and what NDT should be applied.
All our courses are accredited by The Institute of Materials, Minerals & Mining (IOM3).
Axiom Engineering Associates Ltd
14 Woodstock Court
Tuesday 5th - Wednesday 6th 2018
- £715 includes lunch.
If you need to cancel your place on one of our courses please view our cancellation policy here.